Heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems can play several roles to reduce the environmental impact of buildings. The primary function of HVAC systems is to provide healthy and comfortable interior conditions for occupants; well-designed, efficient systems do this with minimal non-renewable energy and air and water pollutant emissions. Cooling equipment that avoids chlorofluorocarbons and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (CFCs and HCFCs) eliminates a major cause of damage to the ozone layer.
As per ECBC 2007 which is mandatory for commercial buildings or building complexes that have a connected load of 500 kW or greater or a contract demand of 600 kVA or greater. The code is also applicable to all buildings with a conditioned floor area of 1,000 Sq. m. (10,000 Sq. ft) or greater. The code is recommended for all other buildings.
The provisions of this code apply to:
(a) Building envelopes, except for unconditioned storage spaces or warehouses,
(b) Mechanical systems and equipment, including heating, ventilating, and air conditioning,
(c) Service hot water heating,
(d) Interior and exterior lighting, and
(e) Electrical power and motors.
All heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and systems shall comply with the mandatory provisions of § 5.2 and the prescriptive criteria of § 5.3.
In HVAC designing, we produce 2D layout design as per the building structures. We create the duct layout, electrical and plumbing schematics that enable us in creating a customized and optimum layout for HVAC. At Mechanical Electrical Plumbing, we offer HVAC design and detailing services for utility systems and building services.
We provide the following Detailing and Drafting services in HVAC:
- Schematics, control diagrams, details, schedules and legends of heating systems such as boilers, burners, heaters etc.
- Schematics, control diagrams, details, schedules and legends of cooling systems such as air conditioners, air handlers, refrigeration etc.
- Ventilation systems such as ductless split systems, overhead units, window and roof top units, air cleaners and filters, central air systems etc.
- Duct Layout drawings along with the layouts of accessories such as diffuser, dampers, grills etc.
- Equipment Layouts and schedules for Chillers / DX Units, Air Handling Equipments, Ducting Accessories (grills, diffusers, dampers, etc), Pump etc.
- Shop drawings for heating, cooling and ventilation
- As Built drawings for heating, cooling and ventilation
- Coordination drawings for heating, cooling and ventilation
- Piping System Layout
- Schematic heating and cooling system design
- Heating and cooling equipment selection
- Heat loss and/or gain calculations
- Plant room layout design
- Fire protection system design
- Duct layout drawings
HVAC System Design – HVAC Duct Design
Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Design Services
We specialize in providing high quality, cost effective and prompt HVAC system design services. Our services range from designing to drafting. Our customer friendly approach and ability to offer timely and value-added services is what distinguishes us from others.
We can efficiently handle HVAC projects with complex requirements. Our mechanical engineers ensure that your designs and drawings are accurate and flawless in accordance with your requirements or standards.
Our HVAC services include:
- Load Calculation (Cooling and Heating)
Using the NBC-2005 and ASHRAE standard to determine loads and air-flows. We ensure that both latent and sensible load components are accounted for in load calculations.
Refining Cost Estimation.
- HVAC Duct Design & its Layout
- Determining the register locations and types, acoustic calculations, pressure drop calculations (internal and external), duct lengths and connections required to produce layout given construction constraints.
- Specifying the material for ducts and their size according to SMACNA standards.
- Design and layout of accessories such as diffuser, dampers, grills etc.
- Layout of duct system on floor plan, accounting for the direction of joists, roof hips, fire-walls and other potential obstructions.
- Calculating required water flow, size the pipes, decides fittings locations and dielectric isolators where needed to design the piping system.
- Specifying piping material and criteria for pipe sizing.
- Layout of piping system.
- HVAC Equipment Selection & Layout
- Sizing HVAC equipments to sensible load using ECBC and ASHRAE standards.
- Selecting equipments like AHU, FCU, ACCU, Water Cooled Condenser, Air Cooled Condenser, Cooling Tower, Chiller Packages, DX Chiller, Flooded Chiller, Refrigerant Coil, Water Coil, Package Units, Pumps, Fans, Valves and other System Accessories and its layout.
- Chillers / DX Units and Air Handling Equipments Schedule.
- Ducting Accessories (diffusers, dampers, grills etc) and Pump Schedule.